Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snow Day

January 18 is the official snow day of the Thornton Family.  I married Larch Thanksgiving weekend in  2006. January 18, 2007 we moved into our new house as it snowed for 3 days. There was something like 12-18 inches on the ground.  January 18, 2008 we got 24 inches overnight.  in 2009 I think we only gotr between 6 and 8 inches, but it still snowed.  In 2010 I prayed for a miracle. Lily was due January 23 and I didn't want to go into labor in the middle of a blizzard.  We brought her home from the hospital in a light dusting of snow.  Last year, Mother Nature decided to play a joke on us as we have maybe 6 inches of snow all winter. But I'm almost certain at least some of that was on January 18.

Now it's January 17, 2012.  It started snowing yesterday at 8pm.  It hasn't stopped yet. It's almost 3:30 in the afternoon and we already have 5 inches of snow.  There is a winter storm warning in effect until Thursday, the 19th at 4pm.  The forecast calls for snow until Sunday.

I really kinda hate snow. I hate driving in it. I hate shoveling it (though it is good exercise). I hate how it's cold and wet and makes my floors cold and wet.  I also love snow. It's really pretty until my kids play in it. Then it's cool because my kids love playing in it. I don't like to play in the snow so much, but snowball fights with Johnny sure are fun. And the pictures I take are adorable. January 18 is the best day of the whole winter.

Brea

PS Happy Birthday to my husband, Larch, and to my Mom and Dad. They get snow for their birthday every year on the 18th of January.

PPS Yes they all share a birthday. My parents are 12 hours apart.  My husband is then 18 years younger than they are exactly.  Sure is easy to remember.

PPS Though she won't read this, Happy Birthday also to Nana.  She has a birthday on the 19th. I don't know how old she is. She always says "As old as my gums and a little bit older than my teeth."

5 inches as of 3:30

This is what I see out my bedroom window when I fall asleep. Except darker, and lit by the moon.

2 comments:

  1. Brea... Can I just say how jealous I am? I wish we got just a quarter of an inch of snow here in Texas. Thanks for stopping by MommaFindings today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have it. We got something like 10 inches total and then it rained. Now everything is icy and icky. But i'm sure soon I'll have to post about the awesome gallery of snow sculptures my husband is planning for the front yard.

      Delete

I love feedback!