Thursday, January 5, 2012

'Maize-ing ;Bread

I have caught the breadbug. After making crusty bread to eat with spaghetti the other night, I fell in love with bread making. There are 256 bread and baked goods recipes in my big box o' recipes. There are 366 days this year. I now plan to make all 256 by December 31st.
Today the chosen recipe read: Southwestern Cheese-Corn Bread. Larch has renamed it Maize-ing bread. And it absolutely is ahmaaaazing! I was sort of expecting one of those bread Larch loves and I only find "meh." I ate 3 thick slices. This one is going in the keeper book.
Instructions: mix cornmeal, baking soda, and yeast. Heat oil, sugar, salt, and buttermilk. Combine wet and dry. Add flour, creamed corn, chilis, minced onion, and cheese. Knead. Rise. Shape. Rise. Bake. My house smelled good enough to eat. And the bread was super amazing delish.
Brea
P.S. To read the same blog with measurements and filled out directions check out my new blog where I will chronicle my bread making exploits. "The Breadbug." http://thebreadbug.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!