Friday, March 30, 2012

National Cleavage Day

Twitter teaches me lots of things. Like that Whitney Houston died, or that Japan had an earthquake on the first day of the year. This morning I learned that today is National Cleavage Day (NCD).

To start, I rolled my eyes at some drunken males lame attempt to see more booby. Then, I got curious. Maybe this is a breast cancer thing? So I turned my favorite source for useless information, Wikipedia. It turns out  that NCD was started in 2002 by the Wonderbra company and supported by Cosmopolitan magazine. It's a marketing gimmick.

It's not all bad though. I found out that the Wonderbra company does, indeed, make money on this sexist celebration of the female anatomy. However, it's for a good cause. Wonderbra donates the gross profits to an organization in South Africa called the Sunflower Fund . The Sunflower Fund is a Cape Town based non-profit that helps South Africans with leukemia and other life-threatening blood diseases. Still, I have to wonder about the ethics of a company recruiting morally challenged young women to advertise for them.  For free.

I will not officially be celebrating National Cleavage Day, but I will likely show some cleavage. Unless I wear a turtle neck.

4 comments:

  1. I would SOOOO be onboard with National Cleavage Day, if only my 32AAA's would cooperate.......

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain, I was there before two kids and an extra 50 pounds. If it meant being a size 6 again, I'd go back.

      Delete
  2. I don't have any cleavage. I guess I have nothing to offer the world. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleavage is over rated. It gets in the way and collects crumbs like Santa's beard, which is not comfortable; it's like sand in your swimwsuit only with bigger grains.

      Delete

I love feedback!