Tuesday, March 19, 2013

How I Almost Died This Weekend

My father-in-law's birthday was earlier this month. Because he works in North Dakota, we celebrated at his house last friday. The evening was great. Very low key, plenty of time for the kids to play with grandpa, good conversation with family. On way home however, it was a completely different story. 

We went to my sister-in-law's house, about halfway between our house and my father-in-law's, to spend the night. Larch and Johnny wanted to go shed hunting the next day. If you don't know what shed hunting is, you are obviously not from a rural area. Just before you turn off the highway to get to my sister-in-lan's, the highway becomes two lanes, one going north, the other south. If you are driving north, there is a dotted yellow line and you can pass the semi-truck ahead of you, if there are no oncoming cars. We were driving south, after dark, when I see headlights coming straight at me. Some idiot, who we assume was drunk, decided to pass the semi in from of him right as we were passing the semi going the other direction. I'm pretty sure there was not physically enough room between my car and the semi for this car to get through. Somehow he did, and there is not a scratch on the 4 runner, or the semi, or the drunk idiot's car. Well, maybe on the idiots car, he could have been no so lucky further down the road. Also, surprise! I did not die from a heart attack either. Also, I did not wet my pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!