Thursday, March 21, 2013

Black Friday....On a Thursday....In March

So, in case you missed it, I've gone back to work again. I work at JoAnn Fabric and Crafts.  

We opened two weeks ago, but today was the beginning of our GRAND OPENING sale. It was like Wal-Mart on Black Friday. But in March. And without the fighting and the people trampling. So not like Wal-Mart.

No really, our customers were great. Even the one time my computer messed up and I had to wait for a manager to come explain how to fix it, the customers didn't get angry or upset. I have never in my 5 or 6 years of retail experience, seen lines that long and not had a single angry customer.

There wasn't so much any killer deals (that I'm aware of) as killer coupons. Numerous versions of a 50% off coupon. 20% entire purchase between 5pm and 8pm. AND a free gift card valued at 10, 20, or 210 dollars to the first hundred customers through the door. 

This is all going on through Sunday. If you live in Coeur d'Alene, you should come visit me tomorrow and Saturday. Or go on Sunday, I won't be there, but the saving could be epic.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I did some shopping after work and go this great, pink re-usable shopping bag. Everyone who spent $20 or more got one. You can never have enough bag. Especially with kids.

THIS IS MY DISCLAIMER: EVERYTHING IN THIS BLOG IS MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION AND NOT THE POSITION OR OPINIONS OF JOANN'S STORES INC.
They made me say that. It's in the employee handbook that I have to.  It's also why I can't tell you about the weird people I see and meet in my store. It might be construed as talking smack about our customers and that's a no no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!