Saturday, December 17, 2011

Santa's Cellphone

Today we went to take free pictures with Santa at Cabela's. However, Johnny and Lily didn't need to tell Santa what they wanted because I brought him out of the stone age three months ago when I told my son I texted Santa every time he was naughty. I mean really, if he can give kids cellphones for Christmas, he must have a smartphone so he can follow all the bad things we say on twitter and facebook. I imagine he plays angry birds to.
Whether he has a cellphone, or a magic, snowball, or just ESP, Santa is to us and to our families what we grow him to be in our children's minds.
My mother collects Santa figurines. In fact, I believe the last count was around 300. Needless to say, he was a big part of Christmas growing up. Not as central or important as Christ, but still a big part. He's not as big to my kids. They don't bug me to go see him. Actually, we almost didn't see him this year because I just didn't think about it.  Johnny's favorite part of Christmas is making cookies. Then again he was Santa for Halloween last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback!