Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I got a Job

I really love being a stay at home mom. I'm not so good at the keeping of the house, but I love staying at home with my kids.

Money always seems to be tight. Every once in a while, we feel so strapped for cash that I go ahead and put out a few applications. Just after Christmas, I applied for a position at Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts. Everyone in the family thought I would be perfect for the job. If I'm not reading a book, I'm crocheting or cross-stitching or beading. You get the idea.

After two weeks, I kinda gave up. I wasn't disappointed. I love staying at home with Lily and Johnny. Then, last Monday, I got a call to come in for an interview. It wasn't so much an interview as a job offer. You see, the Jo-Ann's in Coeur d'Alene is moving to a new location and the were hiring people to help stock shelves at the new store to get it ready for opening. They explained that the job would only last between 2 and 4 weeks and would be part time minimum wage. I took it. Part time, temporary minimum wage is perfect for catching up on bills. It gets me out of the house long enough to remember why I prefer to stay home.

I start the second week of February. The hardest part will be bringing my paycheck home and not spending it before I get it.

2 comments:

  1. What a great job to take on. Just getting out, being accountable for being somewhere, and helping the store accomplish a massive project. It will feel great, and only a few week commitment sounds not-overwhelming! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jana. I'm so excited to start it will make paying bills that much less stressful.

      Delete

I love feedback!