Monday, April 9, 2012

H is for Hide-Behinds

You know when your walking in the woods and you here that noise behind you and you turn and there is nothing there? Or when you feel like you are being watched and you are not alone? That's a Hide-Behind.

It's a troll like creature that stand about as high as a mans knee. They have long pointy fingers, sharp little teeth and big ears. They wear clothes made of animals skins. They roam the hills and that back woods, away from civilization.  Rumor has it that if you ever see a Hide-Behind, they will kidnap you, much like a fairy if you step in a fairy ring, and you will never be heard from again. It is not known whether they keep their victims as slaves or whether they kill them and eat them.  They are lighting fast, scary quiet, and delightfully vicious.

The next time you are camping, think twice before looking behind you for that sound you thought you heard, or those eyes you swear are watching.

4 comments:

  1. ohmygod, I may never go camping again. But I totally want to write a story about hide-behinds.
    Great post and happy A-Z blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my niece's response when my husband first told her about hide behind when she was 6. Our sone isn't quite old enough for hide-behinds at 4, but soon.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, I've never experienced a Hide-Behind while camping. Guess I'm fortunate enough to usually be with LOUD people to scare them away! Thanks for the warning!
    Lisa, Random Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never experienced one? I think I have some living in my backyard, I can sense them when I'm outside in my yard after dark.

      Delete

I love feedback!