1. Roll for bites. Johnny is always saying "I'm done" after only two bites of dinner. Naturally I reply "Eat your dinner." This is followed by him asking how many more bites. I used to just say 2 or 5 or however old he was. This morning I stumbles on this idea. Keep dice at the table and have your child roll. The number rolled is the number of bites they need to eat before they are excused. Genius!
2. How to close snacks and stuff with the top of a 20oz drink bottle. http://pinterest.com/pin/172825704421656300/
3. How to simplify Christmas Gifts for your kids. I know we always say "we are only going to get the kids X number of presents." Never happens. This year, we are getting them 4 each from mom and dad. Something they WANT, something they NEED, something they can WEAR, and something they can READ.
4. How to make Candy Corn of the Cob with candy corn cookie dough http://www.instructables.com/id/Candy-Corn-on-the-COB/ .
5. How to make your own to-go cup out of a mason jar. I haven't tried this yet, but my mom did. http://www.fineandfeathered.com/blog/2012/08/diy-mason-jar-to-go-cup.html Punch a hole in the lid, add a washer to protect the straw. To-go cup!
6. How to recondition cast iron pans. This is a life saver for me after camping season, http://www.ibelieveicanfry.com/2010/12/reconditioning-re-seasoning-cast-iron.html
7. Two words: CAMO CUPCAKES. For the men and boys in my life. http://debbiesweets.blogspot.com/2012/01/camouflage-cupcake-sandwiches.html This is actually for Woopie Pies, but I think you could use a cupcake tine instead of a whoopie pie pan and get the same kind of result.
8.How to fix frizzed Barbie or My Little Pony Hair. A small spray bottle with 2 TBSP of fabric softener, the rest water = "Doll Hairspray." Easy method for smoothing and renewing any doll's hair.
I also learned:
9. I am a geek and the things I think are funny, my husband doesn't even get.
10. Pintrest is a great time wasting tool.
You can find all the stuff I think is cool by following me on Pintrest: http://pintrest.com/realhwnidaho